Since the existence of PC, Microsoft has been creating a lot of Operating systems, from DOS to Windows 8. However, computer does not start directly with operating system.
Before the start of any operating system, BIOS will start first, initializing the system's hardware. BIOS exist since 1975, but hasn't been upgraded so much. Intel created a new firmware that was released in 2002 called EFI, today computer motherboards are using Unified EFI with graphic interface.
In this tutorial, you'll learn their differences. Enjoy it.
What Is BIOS?
BIOS stands for Basic Input Output System.[Invented in 1975] BIOS is what starts first, and prepare a system's hardware before the start of any Operating System. BIOS is stored on the PC motherboard. When you first hit the Power button of your PC, what you'll first see on your monitor is, the BIOS start up which will go through the following process.
- Power On Self Test or P.O.S.T the initialization and identification of system devices like CPU, RAM, Keyboard, Mouse, Harddisk drives, Video Display Card and other Hardware installed.
- And then check for option ROMs- Initialization of LAN [Network boot ROM], PCIe, SCSI, etc.
- BIOS will afterwards search and locate on your storage device or CD/DVD if a boot loader exist, and then pass the control to it, and will start the default Operating System into the computer's memory.
Maximum access to 1MB for programs
HDD maimum size is 2.2TB
BIOS size should'nt exceed 1MB
BIOS starts with 16bitsSW
Hard to initialize today's Hardware diversity
What Is EFI?
In the late '90s when Intel thought of creating a processor that can run up to 64bit, and found out later that, the standard BIOS [16bit] wasn't enough to be used on 64bit. Intel started working on the creation of a sided placement for the good old BIOS, and came out with EFI [Extensible Firmware Interface] which was released with their New Itanium x64 processors in 2002. Three years later , Manufactures like; [AMD, American Megatrends Inc., Apple Computer Inc., Dell, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Insyde, Intel, Lenovo, Microsoft, and Phoenix Technologies]. came together, founding the UEFI Forum where again together, bringing more ideas in bettering off the EFI 1.10 specification created by Intel and renamed it to UEFI.
What Is UEFI?.
UEFI [Unified Extensible Firmware Interface] is a Firmware specification, which is originated from EFI [Extensible Firmware Interface] a Firmware created by Intel. Before the creation of EFI, PCs was commonly running on BIOS which has a lot of limitations [16bit]. However, in use by many leaving a legacy for UEFI. UEFI is just the Firmware Specification, so everyone may use the UEFI specification and re-write his/her own new UEFI compatible specification. However, UEFI expect BIOS vendors, OS vendors and add-in card vendors to all implement products based on the Unified EFI Specification.
UEFI uses GUID Partition Table [GPT] instead of Master Boot Record [MBR]
UEFI can handle HDD's up to 9.4 ZB [Zettabyte]
What is Legacy BIOS?
By using the word LEGACY here, we're referring to the old mechanisms like; PS/2 Keyboard and Mouse, Floppy Disks, HDD-cylinder/Head/Sector, that may be present under system using UEFI BIOS, and however, needs the support of BIOS to make them work.
Whether they're been used or not, since they're present, a compatible BIOS must also be present. Plus, UEFI uses a different interface for "boot, and runtime services", and does not specify how POST & Setup are implemented. Therefore some platform firmware must perform the BIOS -Power On Self Test or P.O.S.T- used for system configuration and Setup, and this makes UEFI still enjoy the Legacy BIOS.
Convert Win 7/8/8.1 Inst. from Legacy to UEFI.
- Knowledge Base Home
- Solve PC blue screen problem
- Installing Hardware Driver
- Enable Win Desktop Icon Transparency.
- Convert FAT Hard-Disk To NTFS
- Customize A PageFile
- Speed Up System With ReadyBoost
- Redirect System deafult Temp Folder
- Learn how to build a computer
- Explaining UEFI, EFI, And BIOS.
- Enable Flip-3D Effect In Win 7
- Fix Windows User profile service error.
- The Hottest Stuff. Burning Hot!
- How To Find Success In Business
- Free Website Creation Tutorials
- Free Blog Creation Tutorials
- Scripting Tutorials
- Adobe Trail Products And Tutorials
- Sony Creative Software Tutorials And Trails
- Entertainment Corner, More Music And Videos
- Explaining Bitmap And Vector Graphics
- Desktop Audio Recording Setup
- Audacity, A Robust Free Audio Recording Software
- Learn Digital Sound Recording And Editing.
- Learn How To Use FL-Studio Easily.
- Selective Youtube Web-Video Tutorials.
- Get The In-Depth Free SEO Training.
- Affiliate Marketing Tips And Tricks
- Ghana Oil Boom.
- File Synchronization Tool
- Get Free Templates For Your Website
- Download Absolute Free Software
- Visit Our Knowledge Base
Man will give you worldly powers, and make you feel on top of all, note this is temporally and could be redrawn at anytime sending you back to the ground floor of life. However, the Lord Almighty, the one and the only rightful ruler of the Universe, blesses everlastingly.
Knowledge is Power, but Power is not Knowledge. Wisdom is the truthful Power that identifies the Knowledge within the man. And only, I repeat 3x. Only the almighty God has the power to bless the man with his Wisdom forever.
To achieve the Lord's blessings, cease not praying daily, asking for his Wisdom, and you'll be blessed abundantly...
Spyera Phone version is software that you install on a smart phone to monitor everything happening on the phone. After installation, SPYERA secretly records events (sms, call history, phone book, location, emails, What's App messages, IM, Facebook Chat, Skype, See photos taken and many more...) that happen on the phone and delivers these information to a web account, where you can view these reports 24/7 from any Internet enabled computer or mobile phone. SPYERA also allows you to listen to the surroundings of the target mobile , listen to the phone conversation and to know the location of the device.
Please, Kindly Donate What You Can, Enabling Us Pay Hosting And Domain Costing, And Do More.