After purchasing a domain, hosting plan, and creating your website, the next step is to upload your site pages onto the remote Server of your hosting provider.
[Your Domain Root].
The tool you'll need to do this is called FTP.
What Is FTP?
FTP meaning File Transfer Protocol is an essential tool for uploading web files to a Web Server.
In computer science, protocol stands for, the standard process for handling data transmission between computers. There are lots of applications one can use transferring files using the File Transfer Protocol.
Dreamweaver's Add-In FTP.
Dreamweaver has an add-In FTP client that enables webmasters, upload their web files directly to their Host Server [Web Server]. This allows an initial connection between their local computer and the Web server. [Username and password required] .
It feels the same way as, copying and pasting, or draging and dropping files from one folder to another on the same device.
FileZilla FTP, FireFTP Add-In To Firefox.
When working with some Editors like NOTPAD you'll have to save your files locally. And then upload them with an FTP program.
There are tons free FTP software you can download from the internet.
Well, I use and recommend FileZilla or FireFTP.
FileZilla is a free standalone FTP program. And the FireFTP also free, is an Add-In FTP for Firefox. You'll need to install Firefox first to install the FireFTP add-In as an extension.
You may download and install Firefox before downloading the FireFTP for installation.
For the basic explanations on how to use FTP. Watch the Video Below.
Alternative Free FTP And SFTP Clients.
- WinSCP [Windows Secure CoPy] is a free SFTP and FTP client for Windows. Its a graet tool that provides a secure file transfer between a local and a remote computer. WinSCP offers basic file manager and syncronization functionality. It's based on the implementation of the SSH protocol from PuTTY and FTP protocol from FileZilla.
[30 days trail]
- SmartFTP allows you to transfer files across the Internet. It features an Explorer-like, customizable interface and supports drag-and-drop functions. Multiple FTP connections can be opened at the same time, and you can copy files from one remote host to another (FXP). Remote-host directory information is cached for future viewing, and FTP URLs are supported.
- CyberDuck FTP
- With an easy to use interface, connect to FTP (File Transfer Protocol), SFTP (SSH Secure File Transfer), WebDAV (Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning), Amazon S3, Google Storage, Windows Azure, Rackspace Cloud Files and even Google Docs. 36 languages.
- CoffeCup Free FTP
- CoffeeCup Free FTP gives you all the great FTP features you'd expect from CoffeeCup Software without all that extra stuff. Set up multiple server profiles, transfer files in binary, ASCII, or auto mode, and upload files by dragging and dropping them from your computer to your server.
Free FTP Commander
- FTP Commander is simple and easy to use ftp client. It's really the bare minimum with no extra frills or thrills. It offers a no-nonsense interface consisting of two side-by-side local computer and FTP server panels. The latter contains a list of about a dozen pre-set FTP servers. It's easy as pie to establish a connection.
Which One Of The Above FTP/FTPS Clients Is The Best.
Well, everyone's got a way of doing their things, and my reason for the up-listed FTP alternatives.
Is that, I presonally uses FileZilla, and will always recommend it. However, trying the other FTP clients can't be wrong. Maybe someone will find a better reason for using the alternative to FileZilla. You may try on google, as said earlier, there are tons of 'em.
Enjoy your choice.
Network Data Transfer | PC to PC.
Transferring data from old PC to new PC had never been so simple as this. For example, you bought a new PC that uses Windows 7 and you'll like to transfer data from your old Windows Vista PC onto the new one. You can download the Windows Easy Transfer Tool from Microsoft website for such purpose, it's very easy to use.
Visit ESnet for more on Data Transfer Tools. You can also checkout the Tornado from ATA Drive Thru for easy PC to PC Data transfer device.
Basic Filezilla FTP Tutorial.
- The Hottest Stuff. Burning Hot!
- How To Find Success In Business
- Free Website Creation Tutorials
- Free Blog Creation Tutorials
- Scripting Tutorials
- Adobe Trail Products And Tutorials
- Sony Creative Software Tutorials And Trails
- Entertainment Corner, More Music And Videos
- Explaining Bitmap And Vector Graphics
- Desktop Audio Recording Setup
- Audacity, A Robust Free Audio Recording Software
- Learn Digital Sound Recording And Editing.
- Learn How To Use FL-Studio Easily.
- Selective Youtube Web-Video Tutorials.
- Get The In-Depth Free SEO Training.
- Affiliate Marketing Tips And Tricks
- Ghana Oil Boom.
- File Synchronization Tool
- Get Free Templates For Your Website
- Download Absolute Free Software
- Visit Our Knowledge Base
Man will give you worldly powers, and make you feel on top of all, note this is temporally and could be redrawn at anytime sending you back to the ground floor of life. However, the Lord Almighty, the one and the only rightful ruler of the Universe, blesses everlastingly.
Knowledge is Power, but Power is not Knowledge. Wisdom is the truthful Power that identifies the Knowledge within the man. And only, I repeat 3x. Only the almighty God has the power to bless the man with his Wisdom forever.
To achieve the Lord's blessings, cease not praying daily, asking for his Wisdom, and you'll be blessed abundantly...
Spyera Phone version is software that you install on a smart phone to monitor everything happening on the phone. After installation, SPYERA secretly records events (sms, call history, phone book, location, emails, What's App messages, IM, Facebook Chat, Skype, See photos taken and many more...) that happen on the phone and delivers these information to a web account, where you can view these reports 24/7 from any Internet enabled computer or mobile phone. SPYERA also allows you to listen to the surroundings of the target mobile , listen to the phone conversation and to know the location of the device.
Please, Kindly Donate What You Can, Enabling Us Pay Hosting And Domain Costing, And Do More.